Friday, September 19, 2008

SuMmEr FuN



OK, so one of my BIGGEST dreams as a little girl, was to go to Disneyland, and meet Winnie the Pooh and the Princesses. That dream finally came true at the beginning of the summer. It was the perfect way to start out my summer. I got to see my family, and be in the happiest place on earth, all at the same time!

It was quite the adventure getting there, it began at about 3:30 on Sunday morning, when I woke up. My boss was so kind to get up that early and drive me to Philadelphia, (Thanks Mike!!)to the airport. I got on a plane (barely made it) and flew to Vegas. That's where I met my family. My Dad and brothers met me in the airport, and then we walked out to the car, where I met my Mom and sisters. Lets just say, that you don't realize how great your family is, until you don't see them every day. It had been a full 6 months, and I was very ready to see them all again. Especially my Mom.


From Vegas, we drove for a very long time (really it wasn't that long, but after something like 6 hours on a plane. . . ) We made it to California to our Hotel. We got checked in and then went to find the beach. . . which you wouldn't think would be too difficult. .. in California. Well, between 2 GPS, and a brother, an Aunt, and a Father that all thought they were smarter than the GPS. .. It became quite the adventure. Needless to say, what should have only been maybe a 15 minute drive, turned into well over an hour. . . But everyone was together, laughing and having a great time, so it was worth it. Monday was the first day for Disneyland. I was SO excited. Now.. . .for those of you who know my Mom. . . you all know how amazingly prepared she always is. Well, we had a schedule, we were to be standing in line having had breakfast, and waiting for the bus by 7 AM. (or something like that. It was earlier than I wanted to be up, however I did have the advantage of being MaJoR jet lagged, so my body was 2 hours ahead of the game, so I can't complain too much) We had a plan. The whole park was outlined, from everything to which lines were shortest just to enter the park, to which food stand had the least amount of people, and the best times to go. Seriously, someone that had the time to come up with this program. . . was brilliant. We all laughed, and made fun of Mom, saying things like "who would have thought that we would be on such a strict schedule at Disneyland" But, when it was all said and done, we had it down to a science. We didn't stand in any line for more than 10 minutes, and got to ride all the way popular rides very first. By noon, we were done with the schedule, (having been very satisfied) and were free to do whatever we wanted. It was seriously amazing. Thanks to my Mom and the help of Des Read, two of my very favorite people, we had a great time and got do so many more things than we probably would have, without their stroke of brilliance!
We did Disneyland for 2 days, and the the 3rd day we went to California Adventures.

We were supposed to head out on Thursday, so that I would have time to spend with my friends before flying back to PA the following Sunday, but decided that we definately wanted to go back to the beach. So we spent Thursday at the Beach, and drove home all day Friday. The beach was so much fun.. . .Only problem was, I scorched myself. I refused to use sunscreen, and fell asleep on the beach. I have never been in so much pain. . but hey, I was not so white after the fact :)



It was a great trip, and I'm so glad I got to have one of my biggest dreams come true, with the people I love the most!

0 comments: