Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pennsylvania Journey



OK. . . I just have to brag a little bit about the awesome state I live in!! I am SO grateful for the opportunities I have been blessed with out here. Many of you know, I moved out a year ago with Ryan and Whitney McBride and their family.

(This picture is a couple years old. . . but the people are the same :)

We moved to Lancaster, PA. . . right in the middle of Amish country. Can you say Culture shock? Its a little different when you call home and say your running late because you are stuck behind a buggy, instead of stuck in traffic, or stuck behind a train. . . But I love it. I wouldn't change it for the world. There is such a calm, peaceful, happy feeling about this place. I'm so glad that I made the decision to come out here, stepping completely out of my comfort zone.





I guess what impresses me, is the selfless attitude the Amish have, all the time. They are willing to help with anything, are some of the most sincere loving people I've ever met. Always polite, and hard working. Many remember the Nichol Mines School Tragedy, that occurred almost 2 years ago. This school was located about 10 minutes away from where I am now living, inside our Ward boundaries. I have heard ward members share stories about the love the Amish showed towards everyone during this hard time. They are so willing to forgive, and not hold a grudge. That impresses me a lot.

When I first got out here, I was so intrigued with the Amish clotheslines lol. The system they have going, is seriously awesome! They have the coolest little laundry houses, and its like a conveyor belt system to hang the clothes. Hang a shirt, pull the rope thing, and it moves, and you hang more. I find it pretty cool. :) The little things that impress me :)


Overall, I'm so grateful for the experiences that I've had, and continue to have. This place is amazing!


2 comments:

Alysia Gann said...

Kari I was so excited to see that you have a blog!!! You sound so happy, which is great! You'll have to check out my blog... it's a little bare right now though :] alysialou.blogspot.com

joni said...

Hi Kari! My Mom told me you somehow found my blog, and now I've found yours! It is amazing how they live there, we're pretty lucky! It's good to see you on here, I'm excited to read about your adventures from across the country! :)