Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding :)


Let me tell ya. The words "My Best Friend's Wedding" take on a whoooooooooole new meaning, when its you're Best friend that they apply to!! I'll admit, when I first met Kendra (at 8 years old) and we became such amazing friends, we had our wedding day's planned, the fantasies of a perfect wedding, from the man, to the cake, the dress, the hair, the flowers, the shoes. . . everything. It all sounded like so much fun, and neither of us could wait for the day when our dreams would come true. Well, I remember the first phone call I got when she was dating Doug.
It went something like this. "Yea, there is this kid I went out with tonight. . . He's really nice, I guess I could go out with him again. . . " That was about it. So imagine how surprised, no SHOCKED I was, when 3 months later, we were still talking about the same guy, and there seemed to be something a little "different" about this one. I could tell he wasn't going away. That was fine, I dealt with that. It happens to everyone. . . right???

It is crazy. . . it went from. .. this, (last day of school)


To this:




. . . Way faster than I expected. June 14, 2008, was a day I will never forget.

Seeing someone you love so much, be so happy, is the best feeling in the world. Kendra and I went through everything together. We had so many ups and downs, but we were always there for each other. Her wedding day was beautiful. It was one of the best, and worst days of my life. So many different emotions. It felt like I was losing my best friend, but at the same time I was so happy for her. It was hard. It was SO hard, but so worth it. She has reminded me on more than one occasion, that I have no room to talk, because I was up and out of there as soon as graduation was over. I guess she's right. I am so glad, that we have continued to stay in touch with each other. I hope it stays that way forever.

It was a beautiful day, Everything was perfect. Kendra was beautiful, her cake was amazing, the reception was awesome, I am so greatful I was albe to be there with her. (This was the weekend after Disneyland. . . can you say sick of airplanes?? ;) But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

How sweet. Kendra and her Daddy :)



Loved the shoes!!


McNeill Family. . .One of the best!
I do have to say, that she truely did find an amazing guy! Doug is one of the sweetest, genuine guys I've ever met. I will be so lucky, if I can someday do as well as she did!! Doug's awesome. . . Ask our brothers!

The cake was beautiful!!



(Ignore the puffy eyes. .. )
I LOVE YOU KENDRA!!!!



And one more picture. . . cuz its gotta be my favorite :)


2 comments:

Taylor King said...

Gorgeous :) I love seeing these pics!

Pezlady Jana said...

i know...it did happen fast didn't it! Love all the pictures!! You are such a good friend kari, you really are!