Sunday, September 5, 2010

Utah

Just got back from 3 weeks of alllll different kinds of fun.


I flew to Utah to spend 3 weeks at home before my brother left on his mission to Pittsburgh. (Yes, I said Pittsburgh.) We spent the 1st week trying to outfit everyone for family pictures. If you've ever met my family..... After 3 trips to Kohl's, returning 3 different outfits for everyone, we finally had everyone outfitted. After 13 years or so, of that family picture that showed my...13 year old loveliness hanging on the wall.....it was finally retired to under the bed. I was pretty excited about that.



Formal picture


Casual Picture

The second week we went to Lake Powell with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. We got there on Monday and spent the afternoon out on the boat, knee boarding and riding the banana.


On...

Knee boarding

The Third week....we spent getting Robert ready for the MTC. He gave an amazing talk on Sunday, and we dropped him off on Wednesday. I guess the only words are...bittersweet. For sure wouldn't want to do that every day. He'll make a great missionary.

Serving food at the farewell

Friends

Kendra and Kari




Bishop Spafford, Now Elder Jex, President Brandt, Right after Rob had been set apart as a missionary.



Dropped at the Curb at the MTC. It really like is a drive through. We won't talk about it. I've got a bit of attitude where that's all concerned.



Andrew will leave in 18 months, and we'll get to do it all over again. These two won't see each other for 4 years. :(


All 5 of us, happy to be together one more time :) I love my family!

2 comments:

joni said...

Such cute family pictures!! Your brother will be a great missionary! Logan just got into North Carolina today, and you're right, it is bittersweet. Hard to see them go, but awesome knowing they're in the right place!

Panda said...

Look at you...blogoholic! Fam pic turned out cute.